George Washington University Online High School Scholarship
Scholarship Application 2023–2024
George Washington University Online High School will award one scholarship for tuition-free, full-time enrollment for the 2023–2024 school year to a new or returning student entering the 9th grade who demonstrates both high academic potential and family financial need. Students wishing to be considered for one of the scholarships must complete the application process and submit all requested materials no later than July 15, 2023.
Download the forms and instructions:
- Students who are awarded a scholarship will also receive:
- All services and support available to full-time students, including academic advising, engagement monitoring, college counseling, and instructional support from certified teachers
- An assigned mentor who will meet regularly with the student and provide additional support, encouragement, and connections with other resources as necessary
- A laptop computer to use for the duration of the student's enrollment at the school, a monthly internet reimbursement if needed, and all online and hands-on learning materials available to full-time students
Who Can Apply?
The scholarship will be awarded based on merit (components: student essays, letters of recommendation, a student introduction, and Parent Information Form) and financial need.
- The scholarship committee will rate all required components on applications.
- Before final selection, candidates will be interviewed by phone or Skype.
- Scholarship recipients can expect to be notified in August 2023. Students receiving a scholarship and their parent/guardian must complete a form agreeing to the terms of the scholarship program.
- After final scholarship acceptances are completed and agreement forms signed, applicants who were not selected will receive e-mail notifications.
Our goal is to renew scholarships for all four high school years for the awarded students. Annual scholarship renewal will depend on the student's engagement and academic progress and will be determined each May. To be eligible for renewal, students must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
- Maintain course pacing requirements, completing courses on time without extensions
- Meet attendance requirements as identified in the Student-Parent Handbook 2022-2023
- Participate in all mentoring meetings and activities unless excused by the mentor
For questions about the scholarship renewal process, e-mail scholarshipcommittee@K12.com.
Arizona's Empowerment Scholarship Account
George Washington University Online High School (GWUOH) participates in Arizona's Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA). The ESA provides scholarship dollars towards GWUOH's tuition costs, giving Arizona families significant tuition assistance toward a private school education.
What is the Arizona ESA?
Arizona's ESA helps families pursue flexible options for their children's learning. Public funding through the ESA enables families to expand their educational opportunities outside the public school system and further personalize their educational experience. Arizona's ESA can cover education expenses, including private school tuition, tutoring services, learning materials, and more.
Arizona's Empowerment Scholarship is a powerful resource for students and families who want to enroll at GWUOH. The program provides all Arizona families with:
- Scholarship dollars that significantly contribute to GWUOH's tuition costs*
- Additional scholarship dollars for students with special needs
- The ability to customize their child's education
- Equal opportunity for children to access a personalized learning experience
- An easy application process—just two simple steps for approval
Who is eligible?
All students in grades K–12 who reside in Arizona qualify for the Arizona ESA. Our enrollment consultants are available to help you confirm eligibility and guide you through the application process.
How to Apply
Our enrollment consultants will help you determine your eligibility and walk you through the next steps! We'll guide you through the application process and answer any questions. Request more information, and a GWUOH enrollment consultant will contact you with more details.
*Arizona's ESA provides nearly $7,000 per student. This amount covers GCPA's tuition costs. There may be additional costs associated with special education services, which could vary based upon the level of services needed to properly support a student’s IEP/ISP/MET/504 plan. ESA amounts for students with special needs are determined by disability category.